Category 1: Excellent - The institute has been assessed and received two Highly Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have excellent educational performance and excellent self-assessment capability.
Category 2: Good - The institute has been assessed and received two Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have good educational performance and good self-assessment capability.
Category 3: Not Yet Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Yet Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not yet confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
Category 4: Not Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
(Currency rates are updated daily at 7AM NZST. These rates may differ from the ones used by your bank and should only be used as a guideline.)
(Average price may vary depending on paper chosen.)
If you have taken this particular course, you can share your experience with other Find My Study Users. Please rate your experience for each of the categories below. Please only rate this course if you have taken it. The Overall Rating will be calculated based on the other ratings you provide.
32 Arthur Street ,
Food, Hospitality and Personal Services
Food and Hospitality
Not supplied by Institute
Minimum Entry Requirements:
Not provided by Government. NZQA
Additional Entry Requirements:
Not provided by Government. NZQA
The purpose of this qualification is:
* To provide competent employees for the food and beverage sector who are able to work as food servers with advanced skills in the restaurant sector.
* To provide competent employees for the quick service restaurant sector who are able to work as a shift supervisor in a Quick Service Restaurant.
* To provide for those individuals who are employed as food servers, a credential that will enhance their employment opportunities across a range of establishments in the hospitality sector.
* To establish standards of professional practice for advanced food and beverage service that can provide customers with confidence in a range of hospitality environments.
The strands in this qualification allow graduates to specialise in an area of food and beverage service.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Monitor and maintain health and safety, food safety and security practices to ensure own safety and minimise potential hazards when serving customers. (10 credits)
- Monitor and maintain interactions between colleagues, managers and customers to provide efficient customer service. (5 credits)
- Monitor and maintain the application of standard operating policies and procedures to work roles in a hospitality establishment. (5 credits)
Graduates of the Restaurant Services strand will also be able to:
- Monitor and maintain food and beverage service operations.
- Monitor and maintain legislative compliance requirements for a hospitality establishment.
Graduates of the Quick Services Restaurants Services strand will also be able to:
- Monitor and maintain production, customer and service requirements for quick service shifts.
This qualification may lead on to the New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality (Advanced) (Level 5) with strands in Accommodation, Food and Beverage Service, Catering Services and Quick Service Restaurants Services.
Food servers with advanced skills who are able to monitor and maintain food and beverage operations, in a broad range of food and beverage service outlets.
A shift supervisor in a Quick Service Restaurant.
Information in this section is provided by Tertiary Education Commission and s updated on a regular basis. If this information is incorrect, please contact TEC to update it. Information below only relates to Domestic Students.
Total Enrolments for New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service for 2015: 6, 2016: 0, 2017: 0 and 2018: 0
Age Distribution by Year
Sorry, there are no enrolment records for this course in 2016, 2017, and 2018
Gender Distribution by Year
Sorry, there are no enrolment records for this course in 2016
Sorry, there are no enrolment records for this course in 2017
Sorry, there are no enrolment records for this course in 2018