Category 1: Excellent - The institute has been assessed and received two Highly Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have excellent educational performance and excellent self-assessment capability.
Category 2: Good - The institute has been assessed and received two Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have good educational performance and good self-assessment capability.
Category 3: Not Yet Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Yet Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not yet confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
Category 4: Not Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
(Currency rates are updated daily at 7AM NZST. These rates may differ from the ones used by your bank and should only be used as a guideline.)
(Average price may vary depending on paper chosen.)
If you have taken this particular course, you can share your experience with other Find My Study Users. Please rate your experience for each of the categories below. Please only rate this course if you have taken it. The Overall Rating will be calculated based on the other ratings you provide.
1 Newbury Street ,
Food, Hospitality and Personal Services
Food and Hospitality
Not supplied by Institute
Minimum Entry Requirements:
Not provided by Government. NZQA
Additional Entry Requirements:
Not provided by Government. NZQA
The purpose of this qualification is:
* To provide competent employees for the hotel sector who are able to work as porters, housekeepers or receptionists in a commercial hospitality establishment.
* To provide for those individuals who are employed as porters, housekeepers, or receptionists a credential that will support their employment opportunities across a range of establishments in the hospitality sector.
* To establish standards of professional practice for portering, housekeeping or reception that can provide guests with confidence in a range of hospitality environments.
The strands in this qualification allow graduates to specialise in an area within accommodation services.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply health, safety and security practices to ensure own safety and minimise potential hazards for guests.
- Communicate effectively and behave in a professional manner with colleagues, managers and guests.
- Follow standard operating procedures to deal with familiar problems in a hospitality establishment. (5 credits)
Graduates of the Housekeeping strand will also be able to:
- Clean and service a room in a hotel.
Graduates of the Portering strand will also be able to:
- Provide portering services in a hotel.
Graduates of the Reception strand will also be able to:
- Provide arrival and departure reception services in a commercial hospitality establishment.
For those with a focus on reception skills this qualification leads on to the New Zealand Certificate in Hotel Reception (Level 4) [Ref: 2111].
Porters and housekeepers in a hotel, or receptionists in a commercial hospitality establishment such as a lodge, backpackers, or motel.
Information in this section is provided by Tertiary Education Commission and s updated on a regular basis. If this information is incorrect, please contact TEC to update it. Information below only relates to Domestic Students.
Total Enrolments for New Zealand Certificate in Accommodation for 2015: 33, 2016: 13, 2017: 5 and 2018: 0
Age Distribution by Year
Gender Distribution by Year
Sorry, there are no enrolment records for this course in 2018