Private Training Establishment: A private organisation providing education/training (i.e. they are not state-owned). Many companies and government training establishments register their staff training operations as training establishments.
Category 1: Excellent - The institute has been assessed and received two Highly Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have excellent educational performance and excellent self-assessment capability.
Category 2: Good - The institute has been assessed and received two Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have good educational performance and good self-assessment capability.
Category 3: Not Yet Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Yet Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not yet confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
Category 4: Not Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
(Currency rates are updated daily at 7AM NZST. These rates may differ from the ones used by your bank and should only be used as a guideline.)
(Average price may vary depending on paper chosen.)
If you have taken this particular course, you can share your experience with other Find My Study Users. Please rate your experience for each of the categories below. Please only rate this course if you have taken it. The Overall Rating will be calculated based on the other ratings you provide.
This qualification is for individuals who are seeking an education support position.
It represents a foundation qualification for an education support person or teacher aide, working under supervision to provide additional educational support for learners, teachers, families and whanau.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply professional behaviour and health and safety practices related to education support and care contexts in order to maintain health, safety and wellbeing of children.
- Display communication skills to participate effectively within the education support and care community.
- Apply principles of inclusive practice for diverse learners.
- Apply basic knowledge of learning and human development within specified education and community contexts.
- Participate in supporting students with their learning, under supervision, in the education support and care context.
- Assist in the production of resources in the education support and care context.
Graduates of this qualification may undertake further study towards qualifications in teacher education at level 4 or higher.
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge for roles such as:
- education support workers, teacher aide, ICT assistant, librarian assistant, administrator assistant in school and early childhood settings
- community support worker in the disability sector
- out of school care worker in school holiday programmes and after school care.
Information in this section is provided by Tertiary Education Commission and s updated on a regular basis. If this information is incorrect, please contact TEC to update it. Information below only relates to Domestic Students.
Total Enrolments for New Zealand Certificate in Education Support and Care for 2015: 0, 2016: 0, and 2017: 62
Age Distribution by Year
Gender Distribution by Year
Sorry, there are no enrolment records for this course in 2015
Sorry, there are no enrolment records for this course in 2016