Private Training Establishment: A private organisation providing education/training (i.e. they are not state-owned). Many companies and government training establishments register their staff training operations as training establishments.
Category 1: Excellent - The institute has been assessed and received two Highly Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have excellent educational performance and excellent self-assessment capability.
Category 2: Good - The institute has been assessed and received two Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have good educational performance and good self-assessment capability.
Category 3: Not Yet Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Yet Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not yet confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
Category 4: Not Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
(Currency rates are updated daily at 7AM NZST. These rates may differ from the ones used by your bank and should only be used as a guideline.)
(Average price may vary depending on paper chosen.)
If you have taken this particular course, you can share your experience with other Find My Study Users. Please rate your experience for each of the categories below. Please only rate this course if you have taken it. The Overall Rating will be calculated based on the other ratings you provide.
This qualification is for individuals who are existing teacher aides or seeking an education support position.
Graduates will be able to work under broad guidance, and effectively support learning from early childhood to tertiary and community education.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply the ethical, legal and professional responsibilities related to education support contexts in order to maintain health, safety and wellbeing of children.
- Establish and maintain reciprocal and responsive professional relationships with all stakeholders to encourage learning, within an education support context.
- Apply principles of inclusive practice to achieve positive and equitable opportunities for diverse learners.
- Apply key theories of learning and human development, within specified education and community contexts.
- Assist teachers with the planning, implementation and evaluation of teaching and learning, using resources, technologies and systems to meet specific outcomes.
Graduates of this qualification may undertake further study towards qualifications in teacher education or human services at Level 5 or higher.
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge for roles such as:
- teacher aide, ICT assistant, library assistant, administrator in school and early childhood settings
- community support worker in the community disability sector.
Information in this section is provided by Tertiary Education Commission and s updated on a regular basis. If this information is incorrect, please contact TEC to update it. Information below only relates to Domestic Students.
Total Enrolments for New Zealand Certificate in Education Support for 2015: 0, 2016: 0, and 2017: 5
Age Distribution by Year
Gender Distribution by Year
Sorry, there are no enrolment records for this course in 2015
Sorry, there are no enrolment records for this course in 2016