Private Training Establishment: A private organisation providing education/training (i.e. they are not state-owned). Many companies and government training establishments register their staff training operations as training establishments.
Category 1: Excellent - The institute has been assessed and received two Highly Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have excellent educational performance and excellent self-assessment capability.
Category 2: Good - The institute has been assessed and received two Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have good educational performance and good self-assessment capability.
Category 3: Not Yet Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Yet Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not yet confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
Category 4: Not Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
(Currency rates are updated daily at 7AM NZST. These rates may differ from the ones used by your bank and should only be used as a guideline.)
(Average price may vary depending on paper chosen.)
If you have taken this particular course, you can share your experience with other Find My Study Users. Please rate your experience for each of the categories below. Please only rate this course if you have taken it. The Overall Rating will be calculated based on the other ratings you provide.
Graphic and Design Studies
Graphic Arts and Design Studies
Not supplied by Institute
Minimum Entry Requirements:
Not provided by Government. NZQA
Additional Entry Requirements:
Not provided by Government. NZQA
This qualification is for people wanting to gain fundamental digital media and design skills and knowledge required for study at a higher level.
The digital media and design and creative and cultural sectors will benefit by having people trained in digital media and design at the fundamental level.
Graduates will be capable of applying fundamental skills in digital media and design to projects with some guidance.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply problem solving skills in a digital media and design context.
- Apply and manage a design process to project briefs with some guidance.
- Apply fundamental skills in digital media and design to project briefs.
- Define own digital media and design work in a range of contexts, work collaboratively in a team, and critique own work and the work of others.
- Explain the importance of being a responsible digital citizen and explore opportunities for self within the digital media and design industry.
The qualification provides a pathway from:
- National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) (Level 2 [Ref: 0973] or Level 3 [Ref: 1039])
- New Zealand Certificate in Digital Media and Design (Level 3) [Ref: 2628]
- New Zealand Certificate in Arts and Design (Level 3) [Ref: 2626]
Graduates of this qualification may undertake further tertiary study at diploma or degree level in the fields of design, media, and/or art.
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to fill assistant and/or support roles in various industries. Those areas might include advertising, web design, in-house design studio, news media.
Information in this section is provided by Tertiary Education Commission and s updated on a regular basis. If this information is incorrect, please contact TEC to update it. Information below only relates to Domestic Students.
Total Enrolments for New Zealand Certificate in Digital Media and Design for 2015: 0, 2016: 13, 2017: 26 and 2018: 26