Category 1: Excellent - The institute has been assessed and received two Highly Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have excellent educational performance and excellent self-assessment capability.
Category 2: Good - The institute has been assessed and received two Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have good educational performance and good self-assessment capability.
Category 3: Not Yet Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Yet Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not yet confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
Category 4: Not Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
(Currency rates are updated daily at 7AM NZST. These rates may differ from the ones used by your bank and should only be used as a guideline.)
(Average price may vary depending on paper chosen.)
If you have taken this particular course, you can share your experience with other Find My Study Users. Please rate your experience for each of the categories below. Please only rate this course if you have taken it. The Overall Rating will be calculated based on the other ratings you provide.
Corner of Manukau Station Road and Davies Avenue ,
Management and Commerce
Business and Management
Not supplied by Institute
Minimum Entry Requirements:
Not provided by Government. NZQA
Additional Entry Requirements:
Not provided by Government. NZQA
The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand business entities with people who have business administration and technology skills to work in a range of office administration roles.
Graduates of this qualification will benefit New Zealand business entities by having technical and administrative skills that can contribute to improving performance and productivity.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to apply business technologies to perform a wide range of administrative duties and tasks under broad guidance in a bi- and multi-cultural environment.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Technical knowledge and skills: Select and apply business applications and technological devices to provide administrative services to meet business entity needs, Perform financial calculations, process data, and produce information for business purposes, Maintain administrative systems and processes and make recommendations for improvements, to meet business entity needs.
- People skills: Communicate to develop relationships with stakeholders, Collaborate and contribute to the achievement of team objectives, Select and apply customer service techniques, to consistently meet stakeholder expectations.
- Affective skills: Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner, Manage self and organise others to contribute to the entity's performance, Work independently and show initiative for achieving goals.
- Business environment: Comply with internal policies, legislation and other external requirements for the entity.
This qualification may build on from:
- National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 1, 2 or 3
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 3) [Ref: 2452]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Team Leadership) (Level 3) [Ref: 2453]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3) [Ref: 2454].
Graduates of this qualification may progress to:
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Project Management) (Level 5) [Ref: 2459]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Accounting Support Services) (Level 4) [Ref: 2455]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4) [Ref: 2457]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4) [Ref: 2456].
or may pathway into relevant industry certifications or other Level 4 or 5 qualifications.
Award of this qualification may equip graduates towards achievement of Association of Administrative Professionals of New Zealand's (AAPNZ) Provisional Certification.
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to work, or gain employment, in a wide range of general office administration roles in a variety of sectors, under broad guidance.
These may include: a sole-charge role in a small business entity, senior receptionist, customer relationship roles, personal assistants and secretaries, lead administrator, front line customer service roles, call or contact centre operators, office support workers, web administrator, service desk coordinator.
Information in this section is provided by Tertiary Education Commission and s updated on a regular basis. If this information is incorrect, please contact TEC to update it. Information below only relates to Domestic Students.
Total Enrolments for New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) for 2015: 0, 2016: 96, 2017: 42 and 2018: 109