Category 1: Excellent - The institute has been assessed and received two Highly Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have excellent educational performance and excellent self-assessment capability.
Category 2: Good - The institute has been assessed and received two Confident judgments from NZQA. This means they have good educational performance and good self-assessment capability.
Category 3: Not Yet Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Yet Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not yet confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
Category 4: Not Confident - The institute has been assessed and recieved a Not Confident judgment from NZQA. This means NZQA is not confident in their educational performance or self-assessment capability.
(Currency rates are updated daily at 7AM NZST. These rates may differ from the ones used by your bank and should only be used as a guideline.)
(Average price may vary depending on paper chosen.)
If you have taken this particular course, you can share your experience with other Find My Study Users. Please rate your experience for each of the categories below. Please only rate this course if you have taken it. The Overall Rating will be calculated based on the other ratings you provide.
Mokoia Drive ,
Management and Commerce
Business and Management
Not supplied by Institute
Minimum Entry Requirements:
Not provided by Government. NZQA
Additional Entry Requirements:
Not provided by Government. NZQA
The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand with owner/operators who have improved capability to establish, operate, grow, and sustain a small business.
Graduates of this qualification will benefit New Zealand business entities by enhancing the viability, survival, and growth of the sector, and therefore by creating employment opportunities.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to apply business skills and knowledge to manage a small business in a bi- and multi-cultural environment.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Technical knowledge and skills: Develop a business plan for small business, Develop and implement a system for monitoring and improving business performance, Manage the finances for the business, Manage the marketing activities of the business, Implement technology options for the business, Manage staff and human resource processes for the business.
- People skills: Select and apply customer service techniques, to maximise customer satisfaction, Develop and maintain effective business relationships with stakeholders.
- Affective skills: Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner, Maintain personal and/or professional growth for the ongoing effectiveness of the business, Work independently and show initiative for achieving goals.
- Business environment: Comply with internal policies, and legislation and other external requirements for the business.
This qualification may build on from:
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3) [Ref: 2454].
Graduates of this qualification may progress to:
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Project Management) (Level 5) [Ref: 2459]
- proposed New Zealand Certificate in Business (Māori Business and Management) (Level 5) [Ref: 2458]
- other relevant industry qualifications.
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to start, operate, and grow a small business in New Zealand.
Information in this section is provided by Tertiary Education Commission and s updated on a regular basis. If this information is incorrect, please contact TEC to update it. Information below only relates to Domestic Students.
Total Enrolments for New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) for 2015: 0, 2016: 0, 2017: 8 and 2018: 0
Age Distribution by Year
Gender Distribution by Year
Sorry, there are no enrolment records for this course in 2016
Sorry, there are no enrolment records for this course in 2018